Countries that Require Visa

Citizens of the countries listed below must request at Embassy or Mexican Consulate a visitor VISA without permission when they try less than 180 days stay.

A: Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Antigua and Barbuda, and Azerbaijan.
B: Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam Botswana, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Benin, Burundi, Bolivia, Bhutan and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
C: Cape Verde, Congo, Cambodia, Congo (Zaire), North Korea, Cameroon, Chad, Ivory Coast, China, Cuba and Comoros.
D: Djibouti, Dominican Republic and Dominica.
E: Ecuador, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Eritrea, El Salvador and Ethiopia.
F: Russian Federation, the Philippines and Fiji Islands.
G: Gabon, Guatemala, Gambia, Guinea, Georgia, Guinea, Georgia, Guinea Bissau, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Grenada and Guyana.
H: Haiti and Honduras.
I: India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Solomon Islands, Seychelles Islands.
J: Jordan.
K: Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kenya, Kuwait and Kyrgyzstan.
L: Laos, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya and Lebanon.
M: Mauritania Macedonia and Mauritius, Madagascar, Myanmar, Malawi, Moldova, Maldives, Mongolia, Mali, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique.
N: Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nauru, Nepal and Nigeria.
O: Oman.
Q: Pakistan, Palestine and Papua New Guinea.
Q: Qatar.
A: Central African Republic, Rwanda and Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic.
S: Western Samoa, Sierra Leone, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Syria, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Somalia, Saint Lucia, Sri Lanka, Holy See, South Africa, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Senegal, Suriname, Serbia and Swaziland.
T: Thailand, Taiwan, Tonga, Tunisia, Tanzania, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Turkey, East Timor, Togo and Tuvalu.
U: Ukraine, Uganda and Uzbekistan.
V: Vanuatu and Vietnam.
Y: Yemen.
Z: Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Foreign citizens from any of the above countries with the following documents are exempt from Visa request:

  • Supporting document proving that you are permanent citizen in the USA, Canada, Japan, UK, or any member country of the Schengen Area.
  • US Visa valid and in force.
  • Card Business Traveler APEC (APEC Business Travel Card).
  • Certificate certifying that the person concerned is a member of the crew of the aircraft which arrives in the country.
  • Labor migración.

If you are looking to work temporarily in Mexico, simply apply for FM3. However, if you intend to work indefinitely, you must ask for a FM2; With this you’ll get a residence permit in the country.


If you travel only to Mexico City and its surroundings, a vaccination schedule will not be necessary. However, if your destination is Cancun or Riviera Maya, it is advisable to get shots belonging to the following conditions:

  • Hepatitis A and B.
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria (TD).
  • Typhoid fever.

In a similarly vein, it is advisable to take preventive measures like and never drink water from sources, rivers or taps.  Wash the fruit before taking it and use mosquitoes’ repellent, especially if traveling in the rainy season. Mosquitoes bites can cause diseases such as dengue, something for which there is still no vaccine.

WhatsApp Transfer Service

Designed by Octopus in Cancún México